Sun has announced the newest version of xVM VirtualBox, which got a significant update.
VirtualBox 2.1.2 is the first to fully support the beta version of Windows 7 as a guest or operating system.
- Users can install Windows 7 Beta on the bare metal and then run Windows Vista/XP or Ubuntu or the Sun Solaris OS.
- Users can run Windows 7 Beta on a Mac, Windows Vista/XP, etc. Linux (all 35 types) and OpenSolaris as well.
- VirtualBox 2.1.2 also supports more than 1,000 virtual machines per host operating system.
- Made speed improvements for real mode and protected mode without paging.
- Raised the RAM limit for new VMs to 75% of the host memory.
And it has added or fixed a number of other items in this maintenance release.