Sun Microsystems has introduced an updated to xVM VirtualBox, now at version 2.1 (download here).
The latest release offers several enhancements, including:
- 3D acceleration graphics adaptor uses Open Graphics Library (OpenGL) to run high-performance graphics applications, including CAM-based imagery software.
- Better network performance speeds up network-intensive apps like videos.
- Bridged networking configuration makes it easier to deploy Web stacks like LAMP or SAMP.
Also, xVM VirtualBox 2.1 supports:
- Sun Storage 7000 unified storage systems
- Intel’s new Nehalem-based processors
- Mac OS X on Intel Virtualization Technology
- VMware’s virtual machine disk (VMDK) and Microsoft’s virtual hard disk (VHN) file formats
- 64-bit guest OSes on 32-bit host platforms