Hyper9 today announced the release of its flagship Virtualization Optimization Suite (VOS) giving IT managers and administrators better business insights into their virtual infrastructure. The product combines usability and dashboard features with in-depth analytics and reporting to help users find, reclaim and right-size virtual resources – and stem the tide of “VM Sprawl”.
A recent survey of Hyper9 customers concluded that at least 20 percent of existing VMs are deemed superfluous – and that organizations are spending significantly more than necessary on their virtualization strategy.
Lack of visibility into the virtual infrastructure, manual processes that circumvent best practices and standardization, multiple disconnected management tools and data sources, and undetected elements of VM sprawl – such as suspended VMs, VMs that are powered on but not being used, orphaned files, redundant snapshots, out of compliance software licenses and thin provisioning – are all contributing factors to the escalating costs and inefficiencies in virtual environments.
Hyper9’s Web-based Virtualization Optimization Suite provides a tops-down, cross-functional view into the virtual infrastructure by inspecting myriad data sources and displaying the results according to what a specific user – or group of users – cares about most. Key features and capabilities include:
- Targeted Insights — My Environment and At-a-Glance views into the virtual infrastructure, such as VMs, VCs, hosts, guests and clusters
- Hyper9 Active Links — one-click access to data, out-of-the-box reports and common tasks, such as “find VMs”, “run reports”, and “solve VM sprawl”
- Hyper9 VMDNA — analyzes historical performance and configuration data, including visual comparisons of VMs over time and to each other
- Workspaces — helps users organize and share content, and gain visibility into VMs and their usage
- Visual Launch Pad and Tutorials – step-by-step guides and processes to solve virtualization challenges, such as VM sprawl
- My Content — ability to build, save, organize and bookmark searches and reports for reuse
- Customized Searches – for drilling down into the virtual infrastructure, including pre-built filters that support further data segmentation
- Automated Monitoring and Alerting – proactively track changes, rogue VMs, VM sprawl and other key events
- Community Support – provides access to resources, answers and advice from virtualization industry experts