Hyper9 announced today the general availability of Hyper9, a product that leverages Internet and virtualization management technologies to manage change, configuration and performance issues in a modern, efficient way.
Built for VI administrators by VI administrators, Hyper9 is a simple, yet powerful enterprise-class product that is ideally suited for managing virtual server infrastructures. It enables monitoring, troubleshooting and reporting on virtual infrastructures like nothing else in the marketplace. It accomplishes this without agents, tree views, spreadsheets, or multiple tools.
Among the key product features are:
- Search: Search across your entire virtual universe, from the hypervisor to inside the guest.
- Alert & Monitor: Build queries to monitor your environment from inside the guest and across your virtual infrastructure. Set up alerts to track changes and keep on top of problem solving.
- Compare: Analyze historical data about your virtual machines, such as how they’ve changed over time, with Hyper9 VMDNA™.
- Report: Slice and dice data, generate performance charts and reports for management and colleagues.
- Collaborate: Store and manage your searches, lists and reports and invite colleagues into your workspace.
In addition to the Hyper9 product being made available at the web site, the H9Labs Search Plug-in for VI Client is also ready for download. This software was developed by a well known developer in the VMware community, Hyper9’s own Andrew Kutz, who was recently named a vExpert by VMware. H9Labs’ Search Plug-in gives the VMware VI Client 2.5 auto-complete search capability from inside the guest across your virtual infrastructure.