I’m currently watching the live stream from DEMO 08 , listening to a pitch from StackSafe which is really compelling. The company was foreseeing enough to publish a press release in conjunction with the product launch.
“StackSafe, Inc., a provider of pre-production staging and testing solutions for IT operations teams, announced today the immediate availability of StackSafe™ Test Center . Test Center is the first virtualized staging and testing solution for IT Operations teams that improves availability and resiliency through enhanced software infrastructure testing. StackSafe’s solution directly addresses incomplete and ineffective IT Operations testing and analysis of changes to multi-tiered software infrastructure stacks.
“If IT Operations teams can test and certify changes to software infrastructures before they go live, then IT services become more available and resilient as well as more repeatable and better documented,” said Donna Scott, vice president and distinguished analyst at Gartner. “Comprehensive and efficient staging, testing and analysis are essential to achieving optimum levels of availability.””
Watch the Flash demo here .
These are the key benefits according to StackSafe:
* Reduces the uncertainty and downtime associated with IT changes, thus avoiding costly application and system failure
* Enables pre-production changes to be made safely before they are implemented into the live environment
* Helps IT Operations teams to understand the potential impacts that changes could have on their environment-before they impact production systems
* Enables IT Operations to be more responsive to dynamic and changing business process requirements
* Improves confidence in IT changes, while reducing the percentage of time spent on testing and staging-which can significantly lower IT operating costs