Marathon Technologies, who recently announced availability of its everRun VM virtualization tool set, has issued a press release today, offering “top tips to know before starting with server virtualization”. Smart marketing as far as we’re concerned; we’ll let you be the judge of the quality.
You can find all 5 tips on Marathon’s blog, so we won’t spoil it for them and only give away the headlines:
- Make the business case for server virtualization
- Consider the license and support implications
- Afford to spend the time to plan
- Assess levels of application availability and risk to business continuity
- Demonstrate that virtualization won’t impact end users
You can find the whole list with explanation on ‘Are you available tonight?‘, the company’s blog.
Marathon also has a webinar recording available with John Humphreys, Program Vice President, Virtualization Software for IDC, “Making the Case for Server Virtualization,” in which John provides essential guidance in making your business case.