Datacore Software recently released a plug-n-play virtual SAN appliance for Citrix Essentials. It was designed for virtual server environments running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V, Microsoft Hyper-V Server, and Citrix XenServer.
With this evaluation version you can:
- Try Citrix Essentials with StorageLink Technology enabled iSCSI SAN created from your server’s internal disks. No need for new hardware!
- Pool up to 1 Terabyte of disk space
- “Thin Provision” storage to your virtual machines. See how much capacity it saves!
- Speed up application performance using surplus server memory to cache I/Os from the virtual SAN
- Snapshot: Instant Volume Cloning and Fast Disk-to-Disk Backups
- Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V or Citrix XenServer to host the VHD image
- 10 GB available disk space for SANmelody Virtual Appliance
- Additional disk space for storage pools (up to 1 TB max)
- IP connection between application servers and SANmelody Virtual Appliance
- iSCSI initiator software required to connect application servers to SANmelody Virtual SAN Appliance
- DataCore Adapter for Citrix StorageLink Technology is required to use StorageLink.