Veeam Software today announced general availability of Veeam Backup 2.0, a product offering both backup and replication for virtual environments. Version 2.0 includes added functionality, as well as a new optimized backup engine that allows for up to five times faster backup and replication performance than the 1.0 version.
Major new features in Veeam Backup 2.0 include:
- Five times faster — Veeam Backup 2.0 has a new optimized backup
engine, which allows for up to five times faster backup and replication
performance than the previous version.
- Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) support — Veeam Backup 2.0
leverages VSS to ensure consistent backup and recovery of VSS-aware
applications, including Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft
- ESXi support — Now customers can back up ESXi servers using VMware
Consolidated Backup (VCB). File-level recovery is fully supported for
guests running on ESXi, and full image restore is supported to ESX 3.x
servers. These images can then be VMotioned to ESXi as needed.
- Enhanced reporting and notification — Comprehensive real-time job
statistics are available, including automated e-mail notification of backup
job status, activity and performance details.
- Backup portability — Veeam Backup users can now easily import backups
made using previous versions of the software, or backups that have been
archived to tape.
- Support for third-party tape backup systems — Now users can specify a
script to automatically run when the VMware backup is finished, initiating
tape backups to begin.
Veeam Backup 2.0 is available immediately, and pricing still begins at $499 USD per socket.