New features including open APIs enable customers and third parties to integrate PAN Manager commands and functions into their own software suites. By logically abstracting and representing all types of computing assets, both physical and virtual, PAN Manager simplifies the data center environment while ensuring high availability and full disaster recovery.
PAN Manager’s reliable virtualized architecture is based on industry standards and supports popular hypervisors, SANs and server platforms. PAN Manager minimizes data center complexity, and reduces operational and capital expenditures by up to 70 percent.
The major innovations in the latest release of PAN Manager software focus on simplifying manageability through an increasingly granular level of management for both virtual and physical resources. The many major new and enhanced features in PAN Manager software, release 5.2 include:
- Open APIs enabling customers or third parties to integrate PAN Manager commands and functions into their own software suites;
- Linux 2.6 kernel compatibility to run PAN Controllers for enhanced performance;
- Embedded Citrix 4.1 technology enabling Live Migration, support for Red Hat 64-bit operating systems and dynamic memory allocation;
- Support for vLAN technology enabling superior flexibility in designing computing environments within the processing area network – the PAN; and
- Support for WinPE 2.1 enabling customers to utilize industry standard tools to manage their Microsoft operating system deployments and provisioning.
PAN Manager software by Egenera, release 5.2, is available immediately.