ASG Software Solutions, the originator of ASG’s Business Service Portfolio (BSP), today announced the immediate availability of ASG’s BSP Virtualization Management, a new solution that monitors the real-time performance, health, and efficiency of both virtual and physical IT environments.
Today, businesses are hastily deploying virtual machines (VMs) throughout their enterprises to achieve cost benefits and performance improvements. However, the difficulty in tracking and monitoring the performance of rapidly propagating VMs across the enterprise has resulted in few organizations realizing the long-term cost savings and IT performance benefits of virtualization. This lack of insight into VMs, coupled with a growing and more complex IT systems infrastructure, intensifies the need for both physical and virtual environments to be monitored, managed, and coordinated to maximize IT performance and efficiency across the enterprise.
By providing complete visibility of all virtual and physical environments in a unified dashboard view, ASG’s BSP Virtualization Management allows organizations to continuously monitor the health of their entire infrastructure in real time. Using the solution, IT Operations directors can discover and map application dependencies between virtual systems and the underlying physical infrastructure, which, in turn, enables them to identify and eliminate areas of actual or potential virtual machine sprawl.
ASG’s BSP Virtualization Management
- Optimizes the three key phases in the virtualization lifecycle
- Capacity planning: Equips organizations to virtualize physical systems by logically discovering, mapping, and assessing the current IT environment
- Real-time performance monitoring: Enables the optimization of both physical and virtual systems at all times using a single solution
- Asset planning: Recognizes system resources to properly assess retirement of physical servers and unneeded VMs to reduce sprawl while maximizing data center efficiency
- Offers immediate root cause analysis of problems, bottlenecks, and trending to optimize the performance of physical and virtual systems
- Regularly generates on-demand reports, a central feature of all ASG’s Level 2 BSP solutions, and addresses performance issues for incidents, uptime, saturation, and utilization
- The flexible and scalable solution is classified as a Level 2 solution in ASG’s Path to Optimization, a program designed to help IT executives leverage their current IT investments, complemented by ASG’s BSP solutions and best practices, to progress towards improved IT service delivery and proactive Business Service Management (BSM).
- ASG’s BSP Virtualization Management is offered both as a standalone solution and as a core component of ASG’s BSP Enterprise Performance Management, which monitors the entire IT environment, including mainframe, distributed, and virtualized systems, databases, and applications.