Vizioncore , a wholly owned subsidiary of Quest Software, today announced the availability of a new version of vConverter , enabling virtual-to-physical, virtual-to-virtual and physical-to-virtual server conversions. vConverter now supports Microsoft Hyper-V systems in addition to VMware environments.
vConverter now enables the conversion of physical systems into an image file on virtual servers within either Hyper-V or VMware environments as well as within mixed environments. Administrators can also convert virtual machines between VMware and Hyper-V systems.
The new virtual-to-physical recovery capability allows administrators to restore virtual images onto physical systems. This means that physical systems can be converted, protected, replicated and recovered on virtual systems with the option to recover the images back to physical systems.
- Converts physical systems into virtual machines (VM) quickly and easily
- Converts VM images between VMware and Hyper-V platforms
- Recovers physical systems from virtual machine images
- Enables physical systems to be converted, protected, replicated and recovered on virtual systems and physical systems
- Applies image-based data protection to physical systems
- Unifies protection and recovery of physical and virtual systems
- Leverages virtual infrastructures for physical data protection
- Allows for the flexible adoption of strategies for virtual servers
- Facilitates trouble-shooting of physical systems with virtual infrastructure
This new version of vConverter is being offered with a free 90-day trial key, after which a full version can be purchased for $299 per physical system.