The free download bundle includes NxTop Engine, Virtual Computer’s innovative ‘bare-metal’ client hypervisor, as well as the NxTop Center, a feature-rich management console that enables a wide array of advanced virtual desktop creation and management functions.
This new pricing model enables corporate IT teams, VARs, and PC enthusiasts to use the complete NxTop product suite, managing up to five PCs without any licensing fees or time-based evaluation restrictions.
NxTop Engine boasts features such as:
- Hardware compatibility, including support for newer Intel vPro enabled systems as well as a wide array of corporate workhorse models dating back to early 2007.
- A one-of-a-kind symmetric graphics architecture, compatible with numerous Intel and NVIDIA graphics processor models, that delivers equivalent graphics performance across multiple virtual machines without the need to install hardware-specific drivers.
- A robust collection of platform control and convenience functions, including platform suspend and resume, dynamic or user-specified memory allocation, power management profiles, fully-configurable wired and wireless networking modes, and many other advanced functions.
- Integrated, full disk encryption.
- Broad USB support including the ability to leverage native Windows USB drivers.
NxTop pairs a client hypervisor with a complete management suite capable of managing both the hypervisor itself and the virtual desktops running on it.
Free download users may take advantage of a rich set of NxTop Center management capabilities, including:
- Point-and-click virtual desktop creation and provisioning.
- Efficient, one-to-many system patching.
- Seamless backup and restore of user-specific personalization and data layers.
- Granular security and policy controls, including time-based expiration, policy-based lockout, USB filtering, and remote wipe.