Their latest work is designed to enable organizations to achieve greater agility, automation and scale in their data center operations, while accelerating the move toward cloud computing-based services. Launched today is the release of CA Service Assurance and Service Automation solutions designed to support the Cisco Unified Computing System.
The integration of Cisco’s Unified Computing System™ data center platform with the CA systems management suite enables customers to accelerate the deployment of new applications, streamline operations, reduce costs and provide reliable service delivery in public and private cloud computing environments.
- The ability to manage the Cisco Unified Computing System natively from CA Technologies’ leading management software provides unified management capabilities to help customers see and control the platform infrastructure and application stack.
- CA Technologies and Cisco today are announcing the integration of three CA management tools with the Cisco Unified Computing System. Utilizing the Cisco UCS Manager open XML API (Application Programming Interface), CA Technologies has integrated management of the Cisco Unified Computing System platform into the following solutions:
- CA Spectrum Automation Manager – A policy-based server provisioning and automation tool
- CA eHealth Performance Manager – A performance management solution that monitors device health across an organization’s entire infrastructure
- CA Spectrum Infrastructure Manager – An integrated management solution for fault isolation and root cause analysis, and network configuration management
- CA Technologies has integrated operating system provisioning on top of Cisco Unified Computing System service profiles natively within the CA Spectrum Automation Manager interface, enabling IT organizations to manage resources according to predefined service-level agreements for each business application.
- The CA Service Assurance tools—CA eHealth Performance Manager and CA Spectrum Infrastructure Manager —also discover Cisco UCS server and network topology and gather performance and status statistics for reporting and analysis. CA’s ‘OneClick’ management interface further simplifies operational processes, improving staff responsiveness and productivity.
- The integrated solution enables the deployment of new computing approaches within existing processes, with reduced operational overhead.
- Users of existing CA tools and CA-based policies and processes manage the Cisco Unified Computing System platform directly from this same management suite, enabling accelerated adoption of benefits such as unprecedented flexibility, power savings, extended memory and virtualized I/O.
- Standard x86 application stacks can easily and reliably be run anywhere within a Unified Computing System environment, with familiar CA Technologies solutions.
- Cisco is working with industry-leading companies such as CA Technologies to build a comprehensive ecosystem of data center partners to help ease customer transitions to virtualized and cloud environments; the systems management area is one of the key technology areas being addressed in this industry ecosystem.