VMware today announced the availability of VMware Go, a web-based service that allows small or medium businesses (SMBs) to virtualize servers and create running virtual machines with just a few clicks of a mouse.
VMware Go provides SMBs with an easy on-ramp to virtualizing their applications by automating the installation and configuration of hypervisor VMware ESXi.
VMware Go has already successfully created over three-thousand virtual machines for over one-thousand beta testers. VMware Go together with VMware ESXi provides companies with a quick way to reduce overhead and simplify business operations by running multiple operating systems and applications on a single server – spending less money on hardware, power and cooling, and server administration.
VMware Go Simplifies and Accelerates Virtualization In Three Simple Steps:
1. Initial ESXi server setup
- Unique web-browser interface and intuitive wizard guides and accelerates installation and setup process
- Built in hardware compatibility check automates the process of selecting physical server environments
2. Virtual machine creation
- Leverage existing physical server configuration, install a prebuilt virtual appliance, or start with a new, clean virtual machine.
3. Manage ESXi servers and virtual machines
- Centralized management interface simplifies changes to a virtual environment.
- Monitor virtual machines for basic performance and resource utilization.
- Scan and update virtual machines from a central console.