Akorri announced today that it achieved its best fourth quarter in the history of the company, with Q4 2009 revenues increasing 134 percent over Q4 2008 and 82 percent over the previous quarter.
In addition, Akorri experienced significant customer expansion in 2009, added 33 new US national and regional partners within its newly launched PartnerPoint channel program, and expanded into international markets by opening regional offices in the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Australia.
To lead the company during its next phase of growth, Akorri has appointed technology industry veteran executive Allan Wallack as President and CEO. Allan has spent the last 40 years leading high-profile startup companies through their early stages to IPO or acquisition.
Previously, Allan served as President and CEO of Spring Tide Networks, an IP services company purchased by Lucent Technologies; was Chairman, President and CEO of Chrysalis Symbolic Design, an electronic design automation software company purchased by Avanti Corp.; was President and CEO of Synernetics, a communications company which was bought by 3COM; was COO of COGNEX Corporation during its IPO; and Vice President of Marketing for MASSCOMP during its IPO.
Company highlights in 2009 include:
· Released BalancePoint 3.0 – the latest version of the company’s award-winning virtual infrastructure management software, with richer virtual machine and storage analysis, broader interoperability, and user interface improvements
· Acquired new customers in a variety of industries including Christian Broadcasting Network, Epsilon, Kronos, Merkle, Sandridge Energy, SCI, and VistaPrint that are using BalancePoint’s powerful analytics to optimize both virtual and physical server and storage environments
· Appointed three seasoned executives to its management team: Bill Simpson and Warren Mead to lead Worldwide and Channel Sales, and Jim Comstock to lead Marketing
· Won Gold in the SearchServerVirtualization Product of the Year Awards
· Named a “Visionary” within Gartner’s SRM Magic Quadrant
· Named as one of the “Ten Virtualization Vendors to Watch” by CIO Magazine
· Named as one of the Top 20 Storage Products from VMworld by ChannelWeb
· Named a top-rated virtualization management tool by Searchvmware.com.