Teradici has released PCoIP Firmware 3.0, which enables the interoperability of PCoIP hardware zero clients with VMware View 4.
PCoIP hardware zero clients add a unique client option that provides customers the flexibility they need to deploy end-to-end solutions with a variety of end point options to meet a broad range of user and business needs. Key benefits include very low operational cost, high security, and future-proof desktop scalability for IT organizations in healthcare, education, government and other market sectors.
VMware View 4 is the industry’s only purpose-built desktop virtualization solution. It establishes a new quality, cost and scale standard while eliminating critical barriers that have traditionally restricted customer adoption. VMware’s integration of Teradici’s software implementation of the PCoIP protocol is a key feature of VMware View 4, delivering a rich, high-quality desktop experience to any user regardless of location, addressing more use cases than ever before.
Desktop clients based on the Teradici TERA1100 PCoIP processor are a true zero client solution that can support any user type from task workers to mainstream office workers, to the most demanding extreme workstation/visualization application users. Hardware zero clients are different from traditional thin clients in that they use highly integrated silicon devices that are optimized for virtual desktops using the PCoIP protocol. As such, they enable the most efficient client design with no x86 processor, no north/south-bridge, no graphics processor, and no separate network controller device. PCoIP hardware zero clients can be connected to VMware View 4 virtual desktops over standard IP networks including local area networks or long distance wide area networks.
Key benefits of hardware zero clients include:
- Future-proof desktop scalability
- Supports any graphics or media codecs (now or future) at up to full display rates
- Flexible host configurations including dedicated remote workstations or virtual desktops for optimum desktop performance
- Lowest client operational cost
- Eliminate patches due to no application O/S and no drivers on the client
- High reliability with low power and no moving parts
- Highly secure
- Unique USB device authorization
- No local storage
- No need for anti-virus/spyware on client