Zenoss, a commercial open source provider of IT enterprise management products, today announced the general availability of version 2.5 of its commercially licensed Zenoss Enterprise product.
This latest version includes several new enterprise-grade scalability features targeted at managing today’s datacenter as well as expanded management support for next generation datacenter technologies and platforms that include virtualization and public clouds.
The latest Zenoss Enterprise release includes new enterprise-grade features for scalability, reliability, and security such as:
- A redesigned agent-less distributed collector architecture that provides all of the fault-tolerant benefits of an agent-based architecture without the penalties of having to deploy an agent.
- Support for distributed collector non-root installs that make it easy to install Zenoss Enterprise while still being in compliance with corporate security policies.
- Enhanced security features including encrypted passwords used for monitoring devices as well as preventing security vulnerabilities related to SQL injection and cross-site scripting.
- An updated Event Console with a new look and feel that will make it even easier for IT operators to complete their most common tasks. The primary design features were based on a set of usability interviews and include streamlined navigation, inline event filtering and a preview pane.
Beyond delivering on enterprise-grade enhancements this latest release also focuses on key next generation data center management features that include:
- New Amazon EC2 monitoring that provides dynamic snapshots of both the individual and collective performance of the instances within an account. Key features also include the ability to immediately track performance without user intervention and to drill deep on performance issues with “inside-the-instance” monitoring.
- VMware Ready support that offers customers the ability to manage both physical and virtual infrastructure through a single pane of glass by delivering certified integration and interoperability with VMware vSphere.
- The monitoring of many new technologies and platforms including SSH-based monitoring for Solaris. This monitoring combined with 40 new community-built ZenPacks adds to the growing list of hundreds of next generation technologies, platforms and management products that Zenoss already integrates and manages.