LineSider Technologies has announced OverDrive, a network services virtualization platform that enables enterprises and service providers to automate the provisioning and deployment of network services in cloud computing environments.
OverDrive is a software network virtualization solution that automates and orchestrates end-to-end service delivery by virtualizing discreet network services in response to changes occurring to dynamic resources such as users, applications, virtual compute, physical compute and storage. As resources are moved or changed, OverDrive automatically modifies and changes the underlying network infrastructure based on business policies that define the relationship between users, computing, and network resources.
Datacenters, users and applications have all become fluid elements in this new flexible computing model however networks were not designed for this new dynamic reality. They are still static. Every time an application, computer or storage resource changes in the virtual datacenter, there needs to be manual intervention to provision network services or repair broken security and access models. Without OverDrive a single request to move a critical application to a new physical or virtual location could easily require hundreds of separate device-level configuration updates that could take weeks to implement manually across a fully deployed network or data center. With OverDrive the entire process takes seconds, and more importantly the security models are still intact.
OverDrive orchestrates real-time automation and control of network services including access and security across both the logical and physical network based on business policies. Business policies are automatically translated into device-level configurations that dynamically create and adjust network services in real-time as changes in the dynamic computing environment occur.
Key features include:
· Business Policy Driven – OverDrive orchestrates real-time automation and control of network services based on business policies that define the relationship between users, computing, and network resources.
· Automates Device Level Configurations – Business policies are automatically translated into device-level configurations that dynamically create and adjust network services including access and security, in real-time, across both physical and virtual network devices as changes in the dynamic computing environment.
· Automates Network Service Delivery – OverDrive policies control and define the underlying network infrastructure services that provide end user access and security to both physical and virtual resources. These services include: Routing, VPN, Switching, VLAN, Firewall Ports and Protocols, ACL (firewall and switch), DNS, DHCP, Security (ACL / 802.1x), Remote Access / Mobile User, Identity Based Network Access Control
· Ensures Secure Access – OverDrive ensures that underlying access and security parameters remain in effect and will automatically notify administrators if a defined access or security policy is violated.
· Identifies Potential Conflicts – OverDrive understands the complex interdependencies between resources in both physical and virtual computing environments and alerts the network administrator about configuration, access, and security conflicts prior impacting the production environment.
· Ensures Compliance – OverDrive provides a complete solution that satisfies multiple audit controls and reporting requirements for Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPPA, PCI and other federal mandates in regulated industries.
· Integrates into Existing Network Support Platforms