Catbird has announced the launch and immediate availability of its new vSecurity Cloud Edition, the first solution designed specifically to enable both public and private cloud computing providers to instantly deliver SOX, PCI, HIPAA, FISMA, COBIT, DIACAP and other regulatory-based security and compliance policy monitoring and enforcement.
vSecurity Cloud Edition was previewed at last month’s VMworld 2009, for which it was honored with a Best of Show Finalist award, the first security product to win in the Cloud Computing category.
vSecurity Cloud Edition gives service providers the competitive edge with the industry’s only automated monitoring and enforcement solution that covers all seven critical control areas: auditing, inventory management, configuration management, change management, access control, vulnerability management and incident response, in an elegant solution specifically architected to meet the needs of cloud providers.
Catbird is the only virtualization security product offered by Amazon Web Services’ Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) web service, which provides instantly-scalable cloud-based computing capacity to meet evolving enterprise needs. Customers of Amazon’s EC2 now have the option of adding automated, continuous vulnerability monitoring to their Amazon Machine Image with Catbird’s vSecurity Cloud Edition. Organizations regulated by PCI or other policies that demand compliance can take advantage of Amazon’s state-of-the art cloud while remaining compliant, enhancing Amazon’s value proposition and accelerating growth in this increasingly-popular space.
vSecurity Cloud Edition delivers comprehensive coverage to ensure cloud service providers meet their customer mandates, including:
- SOX compliance measurement and reporting across 39 COBIT controls;
- PCI compliance measurement and reporting across 96 test requirements impacted by virtualization;
- HIPAA compliance measurement and reporting across 37 controls negatively impacted by virtualization;
- DIACAP compliance measurement and reporting across all 26 controls affected by virtualization, including the 12 Mac1 controls;
- COBIT compliance measurement across over 40 controls affected by virtualization, and
- FISMA compliance and reporting across 51 controls.
Among numerous protection and enforcement features, vSecurity Cloud Edition provides:
- 24×7 vulnerability management with a fully compliant scanner that is automatically correlated with other virtual machine attributes to provide an accurate assessment of known defects against a specific and customizable compliance framework.
- NAC-based enforcement for continuous monitoring of the virtual machine population, real-time inventory management, and the most accurate real-time VM catalog and virtual machine sprawl prevention
- A multi-tenant management portal that provides compliance intelligence aggregation, management and reporting across physical, virtual, private and public clouds from a single dashboard, while ensuring the privacy of customer or departmental data.
Essential for cloud providers is customizable, real-time reporting on the compliance and security status of the customer’s applications and systems, tailored for the appropriate audience ranging from executive-level managers to technical IT administrators.
Catbird vSecurity Cloud Edition has already been embraced by cloud providers and platform vendors whose customer base demands broad-based security and compliance.
Ideal for both public and private clouds, vSecurity Cloud Edition features a Service-Oriented Architecture that incorporates stateless agents reporting to a separate command center. Full integration with ESX 3.X, vSphere 4.x and up and Citrix XenServer enables seamless deployment in cross-platform environments. Infinitely scalable, vSecurity Cloud Edition allows cloud providers to seamlessly add clouds to existing infrastructure, without additional investment in security and compliance. For public clouds, SLA enforcement provides value-added assurance for clients.