The new product helps customers reduce cost of over-provisioned multi-hypervisor virtual environments, and increase hardware utilization utilizing advanced trend analysis and “What If” modeling.
5nine Optimizer continuously analyzes virtualized data center environment including hosts, physical and virtual machines, and provides trend reporting, automated workload optimization as well as “What If” modeling. “What If” modeling includes the analysis of “What if I add a VM(s)” and “What if I add a host” scenarios further facilitating planning and optimization.
5nine Optimizer is integrated with 5nine P2V Planner, and two products together represent a comprehensive solution for P2V migration planning and optimization of a virtual environment. 5nine P2V Planner provides P2V VMware and P2V Hyper-V virtualization planning and delivers side-by-side comparative analysis of Hyper-V and VMware migration plans from the technology, TCO and ROI perspectives.
5nine Optimizer offers the following features and benefits:
- Continuous proactive analysis – of your data center and virtual environment
- Workload and utilization reports – for virtualization hosts, virtual and physical machines
- Long and short-term utilization trends
- Real-time workload and utilization alerts – to reduce virtualization administration costs and receive early notifications about potential performance problems
- “What-If” analysis and reports
- Automated P2V Hyper-V and VMware P2V / V2V wizards – to optimize your Virtual environment providing suggested migration plans for under and/or over-utilized hosts, and integrated TCO/ROI Reports
- All of the 5nine P2V Planner functionality – which includes easy-to-use automated P2V migration planning and side-by-side comparison of Hyper-V and VMware migration plans