Xenocode, a developer of technologies enabling instant delivery of software across networks and platforms, today announced the immediate availability of the 2010 edition of Xenocode Virtual Application Studio.
Virtual Application Studio allows system administrators and software developers to easily virtualize existing Windows-based applications for instant, one-click deployment on the web, intranets, and USB drives.
Xenocode is an easy-to-use app virtualization and delivery technology that eliminates software installation and conflicts. Xenocode packages applications into self-contained, lightweight virtual machine executables that run instantly on any Windows desktop.
Virtual Application Studio 2010 includes dozens of feature enhancements and upgrades, including:
- Windows 7 compatibility: Xenocode is the first virtualization engine in its class to include full support for all editions of the new Windows 7 operating system.
- Publish to Web: Publish apps to the web with a single click. Once online, apps can be launched with a single click directly within a web browser over 10 times faster than traditional download.
- Software Expiration: Automatically create evaluation or license-restricted versions of existing apps with run time or date-based “timebomb” expiration.
- Multi-platform capabilities: Platform merge allows virtual application behavior to be customized on a per-operating system basis while distributing a single executable.
- Dozens of new application templates: Application templates allow one-click virtualization of most popular software applications, including Office, OpenOffice, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Xenocode is a powerful virtualization technology that packages apps into standalone virtual machines that run instantly on any desktop. Unlike traditional hardware virtualization, Xenocode technology exploits the host operating system environment to eliminate the need to emulate hardware or package operating systems with applications. Virtual applications require no setup, configuration, or device drivers, are insulated from conflicts, and run seamlessly across Windows variants and on locked-down desktops.
Xenocode Virtual Application Studio 2010 is available immediately via the web and through authorized Xenocode partners.