NaviSite, a provider of cloud-enabled enterprise hosting and application services, today announced its cloud-computing platform.
NaviSite Managed Cloud Services (NaviCloud), based on VMware vSphere 4 and VMware vCloud and the Cisco Unified Computing System, is an enterprise-class infrastructure platform that provides high-performance, scalable, on-demand, usage-billed IT infrastructure. Targeted at enterprise IT-hosting and application-service needs, NaviCloud is a flexible and customizable platform that adapts to changing customer requirements, enabling businesses to use resources more efficiently, while reducing capital and operating costs.
NaviSite’s virtualized infrastructure is deployed as multiple highly-secure infrastructure clouds, hosted in NaviSite’s SAS 70 Type II-certified data centers in the U.S. and the U.K. These cloud complexes allow customers to buy compute, memory and storage from the underlying resource pool and configure them for use in either self-managed or fully-managed modes. In self-managed mode, customers can create virtual machines (VMs) and configure them with a choice of operating systems and other software. In managed mode, customers can select a range of monitors to be applied to VMs, groups of VMs and environments that then feed into NaviSite’s system-wide monitoring and management systems. Functional management of the resources and VMs is provided by the NaviCloud customer portal, which has been designed by NaviSite to facilitate the different use modes, and to provide full transparency for resources, trending and service levels.
NaviCloud has several key differentiators:
– Enterprise-Class Performance – NaviCloud is based on VMware vSphere 4 and deployed on the Cisco Unified Computing System. With Intel® Nehalem processor-based blades and integrated Fabric Interconnects with 10 GbE fabric, the NaviCloud architecture spans multiple data centers, providing customers with built-in disaster recovery and high availability – regardless of geography.
– Fully Managed – NaviSite delivers cloud-enabled managed hosting and application solutions as a fully managed service to ensure 7×24 enterprise class service levels. NaviSite also continues to support all our customers with our 7×24 operations center and account management teams.
– Full Suite of Solutions – NaviCloud brings cloud characteristics to the entire suite of enterprise-hosting and application-management services, enabling a broad set of solutions to be provisioned as a utility. Enterprises can customize and optimize infrastructure for their application stacks and scale automatically to accommodate increased demand. Resources are provisioned in real-time to match changing needs, billing is based on resource consumption and SLAs are based on application performance and availability.
– Spectrum of Services – NaviCloud supports self-managed, monitored and fully managed modes, providing flexibility and system assurance on an as-needed basis. NaviCloud can be combined with dedicated infrastructure services to create hybrid IT environments – allowing enterprises to augment existing internal resources with cloud services.
– Custom Solutions – NaviCloud can be custom engineered to ensure that customers’ unique requirements are addressed.
NaviCloud offers a competitive advantage to enterprises looking for IT flexibility and cost-savings, providing seamless connectivity and performance that would prove difficult and costly for businesses to achieve in-house or through a public cloud. Leveraging NaviSite’s industry-recognized experience and expertise in hosting, virtualization, applications management and SaaS enablement, NaviCloud offers an innovative alternative for procuring, deploying and paying for IT infrastructure.