Over 200 companies from around the world are said to have purchased and downloaded the VDI Blaster software suite, and are utilizing the novel approach to extending the useful life of PCs by transforming them into thin clients to save money, save management time and cut costs. Users download VDI Blaster to old PCs via a USB key or a network install. VDI Blaster deploys Devon IT’s thin client operating system, Devon Terminal Operating System (DeTOS), and Devon IT’s thin client management software, ThinManage, to help IT administrators manage enterprise-wide deployments from a central location. Once VDI Blaster is deployed, users can select to boot into their normal Windows operating system or into DeTOS.
- Extends the useful life of aging PCs
- Uses virtual desktops, simply and cost effectively with no hardware replacement necessary
- Maintains Windows desktop experience
- Centrally manages converted PCs
- Allows Plug and play replacement of PC to a thin client when ready
- Converts back to Windows operating system as needed
Devon IT is working with customers and business partners such as IBM and VMware to make VDI Blaster available to IT administrators and executives worldwide.
VDI Blaster is currently available for an introductory price of USD $19.95 per device right here.