Icomasoft, a Swiss pioneer of agent-less software solutions, today announced general availability of its first product: VI PowerScripter. This is a VMware VI Client plug-in with integration of PowerShell scripts into VMware Virtual Infrastructure 3.5 objects.
The plug-in contains some scripts for standard admin tasks. Users can, however, create dozens of self-made scripts and access them through a dynamic context menu in VI Client. At general availability of version 1.0, icomasoft intends to sell a repository of a large number of standard scripts and workflows.
- Execution of PowerShell scripts through a dynamic context menu (usually no customization required)
- Use of VM or host-based PowerShell scripts
- Execution of scripts on single and multiple objects(Cluster, Datacenter)
- Choice between debug and silent mode
- Use of local scripts or network scripts
- User-defined and almost unlimited extension of VI Client and VirtualCenter functionality
- Execution of all PowerShell scripts with correct VirtualCenter permissions
- Logging of all script executions
- Use of standard icomasoft® scripts
- Integration of self-created scripts into VMware’s standard management software
- Reduction of required resources for administrative tasks
- Easy monitoring and analysis of the virtual infrastructure behavior
- Sustained permissions structure during the execution of PowerShell scripts
- Increased security as no users profiles and passwords are being used
- Mass configuration and individual configuration can be executed with one single script
- Almost unlimited extension of the basic functionality of VMware infrastructures and free ESXi
- Use of existing scripts with minimal or no customization
icomasoft VI PowerScripter (Beta 1) is available for free download.