Blue Lane Technologies today announced the general availability of VirtualShield 4.2, which it claims to be the first virtualization security solution to include inter-VM flow analytics and enforcement, application-aware partitioning (VMwall), and a robust set of application, protocol and vulnerability security policy controls.
These capabilities in the latest release of VirtualShield, enhanced by VMware VirtualCenter integration, allow Blue Lane’s layer 7 architecture to apply granular application/protocol/port-based policy enforcement on the flows between VMs. According to the press release, VirtualShield’s accuracy, comprehensive protection and minimal processing requirements make it the first IPS capable of protecting virtualized production data centers from network-based attacks.
VirtualShield 4.2 includes:
- Advanced flow analytics and policy enforcement by cluster, host, VM, data center, OS, application or protocol;
- VMwall – Blue Lane’s Integrated application-aware firewall enforcement by cluster, host, VM, data center, OS, application or protocol;
- A rich array of inbound/outbound application policy controls for intra-flow policy;
- Protocol integrity check for aligning ports with appropriate protocols and services; and
- A vulnerability policy framework to proactively protect VMs from attacks like SQL injections, cross-site scripting and http smuggling.
Blue Lane VirtualShield 4.2 will be available May 15. Current VirtualShield customers will receive the upgrade as part of their support plan.