Quest Software today announced that vFoglight, its solution for virtualization monitoring and capacity planning, will support Microsoft Hyper-V and provide increased automation of virtual infrastructures with vFoglight 6.5, currently planned for release in Q4 2010.
vFoglight now also supports Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
Quest is working to set a new standard for analyzing and monitoring performance and capacity across physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures while easing administration through automation.
Features and enhancements included in vFoglight 6.5 include:
- Extended Hypervisor Support – Manage multiple hypervisor platforms, including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V, more consistently and effectively.
- Administration – Reduce time and costs of empowering administrators to start, stop and pause VMs, in the context of daily activities.
- Event Remediation – Administrators can view alarms then speed mean-time-to-resolution for problems by launching workflows to automate resolution.
- User Perspectives – Designed to provide administrators tailored views for understanding performance monitoring, capacity planning, chargeback, and more.
- Enhanced FAQts – First introduced with vFoglight 6.0, the enhanced FAQts in vFoglight 6.5 provide factual information about the dynamic infrastructure, displayed clearly for administrators.